Forgot to carry your driver’s licence? The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) of Dubai said on Thursday, May 25, that you may now add it to your phone.
The new service is reportedly restricted to iPhone (iOS) users only, according to RTA. Through the “RTA Dubai” smartphone app, drivers can store it to their “Apple Wallet.”
This is the procedure.
How to add your Dubai driver’s licence on your phone:
Make sure your RTA Dubai app is up to date in order to view your driver’s licence.
Step 1: Register an online account with RTA
From the Apple App Store, download the application.
- After that, open the application and click the “Login/Register” option on the home screen. Utilise the UAE Pass to log in.
- You will get a pop-up message asking you to link your UAE Pass and RTA account if they are not already connected. ‘Register’ should be selected if you do not already have an RTA account.
- UAE Pass will automatically enter your personal information, including your complete name, email address, nationality, and mobile number; all you need to do is confirm the information and set up a username and password.
- After that, enter the one-time password (OTP) that was issued via SMS to your telephone number.
You can now utilise the service once that is finished.
Step 2: Access your digital driver’s licence card
- Select ‘My Docs’ from the navigation tab at the bottom of your mobile device’s screen.
- You will be prompted to link your Traffic Code (TC) number when you enter “My Docs.” your TC number and the date your licence was issued. If your RTA account and your UAE Pass are already linked, you don’t need to do this.
- Locate your driver’s licence under the ‘My Licence’ page.
- Next, select ‘Add to Apple Wallet’ from the menu that appears under the card. The digital licence will then appear in the app and will resemble a more horizontal version of the actual licence. The digital version of your driver’s licence will have access to every piece of information that is on both sides of the physical document. Click the ‘Add’ button.
- Your Apple Wallet will then be automatically updated with the card.
Your vehicle registration card can be added to your Apple Wallet using the same area. The driver’s licence and registration card will then be accessible offline.
How to access the driving licence, and registration card offline?
Open the “wallet” app on your phone. If you added your driver’s licence, the app will display it along with your vehicle registration card.
Also Read: How Can You Get a Driving License in Dubai?