Have trouble picking up your kids from school? Instead, you can reserve a dedicated cab service for school runs in Dubai online.
The service, known as “In Safe Hands,” was introduced on March 7 by the Dubai Taxi Corporation (DTC), a division of the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA). The taxis can be scheduled by parents daily, weekly, or monthly.
Taxi fare for the ‘In Safe Hands’ service:
Here is a list of the taxi’s service fees based on the DTC’s website, dubaitaxi.ae:
- Before the start of the service, a Dh200 refundable deposit is required.
- The starting rate is Dh25 and is based on a kilometer rate of Dh3.67.
- A Dh20 entry fee for Sharjah.
- A 50 fils per minute waiting fee.
- Salik fees, which the consumer is responsible for paying.
How to book the taxi service
It’s crucial to remember that a child under the age of 13 must travel with a guardian before you make travel arrangements. This could be a kid above the age of 13 or a designated guardian who is traveling with the child.
The steps you must take are as follows:
Step 1: Download the app and book a taxi
- Download the “DTC” app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Open the app, then select the “In Safe Hands” option listed on the home page.
- Click “Book New.”
Step 2: Enter passenger information
Who is the designated guardian, you’ll be asked next? These are your two choices:
- The child is traveling with a named guardian. If the youngster is under the age of 13, a guardian must also go.
- The designated guardian is a youngster who is older than 13 years old.
Choose the solution that best suits your needs.
- Next, type the guardian’s complete name.
- Next, input the guardian’s cellphone number and Emirates ID number. Then click “Next.”
- Decide how many people, excluding the guardian, will ride in the taxi.
Step 3: Select the pickup and drop-off location
- You may validate the location by typing the address into the app’s search bar.
Step 4: Select the frequency of the trips:
- Select if the journey will be one-way or two-way.
Choose between “repeated” and “single” trips. According to DTC, “repeated” refers to clients who book taxis for a variety of lengths of time, such as a few days, weeks, or months.
- Specify the start and end dates for the service.
Choose whether you want a taxi only in the morning, only in the evening, or both.
- Choose the days.
- Select the timing for pick-up and drop-off.
Step 5: Review the booking details and pay
- After that, you’ll get a breakdown of your trip’s expenses. This will give you a total cost for all journeys if you make multiple ones. Click “Next.”
- Enter the information for your credit or debit card to pay for the journey.
- After you pay for the trip, the app will validate your payment, and the taxi will arrive to pick up or drop off your kids on the specified dates.
If you need to update anything about your reservation, you must call the DTC call center at 800-88088.
Also Read: Is it possible to ask a taxi driver to avoid the Salik toll gates in Dubai?